Brent Start is about to enter a new and exciting phase, which will see its existing building redeveloped into a multi-purpose site with affordable housing.
New build for Brent Start
Artist impression of what the new Brent Start building site will look like
The site at Morland Gardens, home to the further education college, will expand to provide over 2,000 sq m. of new learning space, and 500 sq m. of affordable workspace, linked via a central atrium that will bring the two spaces together.
This development will offer:
- a valuable opportunity to regenerate an underutilised site,
- providing new affordable homes,
- improving the existing education centre
- opening a new workspace and café
- 65 new homes which will be 100% affordable these would include one to four bedrooms with shared courtyard garden
Whilst work commences on the award winning new development site, we will be relocating the education centre to the Brent Start Hillside Adult and Community Learning Centre which is a short walk from the current site. The temporary move is scheduled to take place in January 2022.