|School||The Rise Partnership Trust|
|Name of CEO||Louise Kimber|
Inner London plus SEN Allowance 1
|Closing date||Open until position filled|
|Interviews||To be confirmed if your application is successful|
|Start date||September 2022 with positions available throughout the academic year|
|How to apply||If you require any more information about the specifics of the job please contact Emily Williams (Director of Inclusion) by email on Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org or Louise Kimber (Head Teacher) by email on email@example.com |
Otherwise, please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached, completed application forms can be sent to:
Telephone: 0203 829 4690
|Additional information|| |
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of our children and expect all our staff to share this commitment.
If you have been unsuccessful with an application to either Manor School or the Avenue, your application will not be considered.
The Avenue School provides specialist teaching based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis/Verbal Behaviour. We have opened our brand new purpose-built site and will be expanding over three years to reach our capacity of 104 places, for pupils with autism and complex needs, eventually educating children from EYFS up to the age of 19.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and highly skilled Class Teacher to join our vibrant and welcoming specialist school. Our staff teams are positive and enthusiastic about ensuring all pupils reach their unique potential by offering a broad and balanced curriculum personalised to meet their individual needs. We believe in inspiring pupils in their learning through offering irresistible learning experiences.
We offer an exceptional CPD package for our staff and our ethos is ‘everyone a learner, everyone a leader’. We believe in growing our own leaders and are passionate about offering all motivated staff opportunities to develop their leadership skills; especially as there will be many professional opportunities as we expand.
As the school is expanding we require new Class Teachers on a rolling basis to fulfil our pupils’ individual needs. Please contact the school for more information if required.
- Supportive colleagues and a caring working environment
- A comprehensive induction and mentor programme
- Outstanding in-service training and opportunities to develop professionally in a thriving and growing school
- A generous PPA allocation compared to the recommended entitlement of 2.5 hrs
- Well-resourced vibrant classrooms with high adult to pupil ratios
- Dedicated support from specialist colleagues in our MAST team including therapists and behaviour experts
- Support from a passionate, approachable, empathetic and ambitious senior leadership team.
- Calm, purposeful and well-resourced learning environments;
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school;
We are looking for:
- Qualified teachers who must have experience working in a special needs school
- Positive, enthusiastic and creative teachers who are outstanding classroom practitioners and passionate about teaching children with SEND
- Teachers who strive to provide the highest standard of teaching using appropriate and specific strategies to engage and support pupils with a wide range of learning needs
- Teachers who are committed to working in partnership with others, including therapists and families.
- Practitioners who have experience in positively managing behaviour
- Individuals with a commitment to their own continued professional development
- Teachers with a sound understanding of the stages of child development
- Candidates with experience or knowledge of working with individuals with autism and/or learning difficulties
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.