The London Living Wage is an independently set, voluntary hourly rate of pay. It represents the minimum amount an employee needs to earn to provide a decent standard of living for themselves and their family.
We are proud to have been an accredited London Living Wage employer through the Living Wage Foundation since November 2013.
We are offering other businesses in Brent a range of incentives to encourage them to become accredited London Living Wage employers too.
This will not only help to raise living standards for Brent residents, but will also allow Brent employers to experience the many business benefits that accreditation brings.
The benefits of accreditation
We offer London Living Wage employers in Brent a range of incentives, including a business rates discount worth five times your London Living Wage employer accreditation fee. These benefits include:
- a business rates discount
- 15 per cent off membership with West London Business, one of London’s largest Chambers of Commerce
- one free trade stall at Brent Civic Centre
- free advertising in the Brent Business newsletter
- a free one hour one-to-one business advice session with business consultancy Branduin
- a visit from a senior Brent councillor for a photo call
- a congratulations message on the Brent Civic Centre screens
- invitations to London Living Wage events.
How to become accredited
You can become an accredited employer through the Living Wage Foundation by agreeing to pay both your directly employed staff and contacted staff at least the Living Wage.
You can also express your interest directly to the Living Wage Foundation.