The Brent Health Mattes Community Fund provides grants of up to £10,000 to organisations to support improving health and wellbeing in their community.
Who can apply?
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) - may also be registered as a Charity or a Community Interest Company Limited by Guarantee (CICLG)
- Community Benefit Societies (CBS)
- Trust / Foundation
- Registered Charity Organisations must be able to comply with the council’s Grant Aid Standard conditions
What are the criteria for funding?
The Fund’s aim is to prioritize projects that support the health and wellbeing of local communities and contribute to improving health outcomes specifically for Brent resident. We particularly would like to invite applications from organisations that support children and young people.
The project must:
- Focus on addressing health inequalities in Brent by targeting the broader factors that affect health.
- Focus on health awareness and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Raise awareness and provide resources for emotional and mental health support within the identified groups.
- Promote the importance of preventative screenings, health education, and early intervention programs.
- Encourage immunisation/vaccination uptake through awareness, outreach and accessibility for the target groups.
- Improve health and wellbeing for an identified group.
- Have clear and measurable outcomes that demonstrate impact.