Brent Together Towards Zero is a small grant fund which gives residents and organisations up to £5,000 towards one-off projects and initiatives to tackle the climate and ecological emergency. The aim is to support communities in improving their local areas by making them greener, cleaner and more environmentally friendly.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be over the age of 18 and the project must be based in Brent. To be eligible for funding, you must be one of the following:
- Constituted community group
- Established tenant/ resident association
- Faith group
- Housing association
- Social enterprise
- Local business (for schemes which benefit the community)
Your application will be assessed against the criteria below:
- support any of the objectives of the five themes within the council’s climate and ecological emergency strategy
- make Brent’s local environment greener and more biodiverse; or offer an opportunity for a tangible carbon saving in a community setting
- reach into the community, allowing as many local people, living in Brent, to participate or benefit as possible
- be clearly deliverable and leave a positive environmental impact
We strongly encourage applications for projects that would involve young people (from age 5-25); older people (65+); black, ethnic and minority backgrounds and those with mental or physical and mental disabilities.
What can you get funding for?
The funding will be for a one-off activity, ideally contributing to a project with a clear beginning and end. Please consider how the community will maintain and manage the lasting effects of the project once it has completed.
The following are examples of the types of schemes we will fund, but ideas are not limited to this list. Applicants are encouraged to think as creatively and innovatively as possible:
- Re-use and repair projects
- Local recycling / waste reduction initiatives
- Community gardens
- Environmental education programmes or resources
- Community environmental challenges
Please note: If you are a business, charity, market stallholder or organisation based in Brent looking at applying for a cargo bike, there is a separate fund available from Bikes for Business.
How much can you apply for?
- Up to £5,000 is available per project or initiative.
How to apply
Before making an application for funding, please download and read the guidance notes for making an application. There are also Together Towards Zero FAQ that answer some common queries.