Love Where You Live provides funding for projects that aim to foster a sense of belonging amongst all communities, where diversity is celebrated and valued, and opportunities are available for all. It is about building upon the skills, of local people and empowering residents to come together to respond to local concerns and develop stronger communities.
Who can apply?
- Brent residents
- Community and voluntary organisations
- Registered charities
- Constituted clubs or groups
- Mutual aid groups
- Social enterprises and Community Interest Companies (C.I.C’s)
We particularly welcome applications from new groups who have not previously been funded by the council.
In addition, applicants need to:
- Be over the age of 16 (if under 18, permission needs to be given from an appropriate adult)
- The project must be in Brent.
In order to allow support for a wide range of projects across the borough, you will not qualify for Love Where You Live if you have received this grant in the previous financial year April 2022 to March 2023.
What can you use the grant for?
The project should be a one-off activity with a clear beginning and end and should support at least one of the borough priorities.
Projects should fit one of five key Love Where You Live themes:
- Developing community cohesion and bringing the community together: activities or events, which help, create a sense of belonging.
- Climate change and tackling environmental issues: coming together to make your neighbourhood cleaner and greener.
- Addressing inequalities and expanding local engagement: reaching out to new communities, cultures and neighbours.
- Capacity-building: to help support and grow a newly formed group.
- Tackling social isolation: supporting people who have little support or community involvement.
How much can you apply for?
Each applicant can apply for a grant of up to £500.