The Brent Safer Neighbourhood Board was set up by the Mayor of London to hold local police to account and help set police priorities.
The SNB priorities and core functions are to:
- enable local engagement with the police
- enable local scrutiny and accountability of the police
- focus on the Police and Crime Plan key principles and priorities of reducing and preventing violence, increasing trust and confidence, better supporting victims and protecting people from being exploited or harmed
- monitor crime performance and public perceptions (community confidence)
- inform the development of policing priorities in the borough
- monitor MPS support for the delivery of ward panels and community contact sessions
- engage with Borough Independent Advisory Groups and other local mechanisms (e.g. neighbourhood watch and stop and search community monitoring groups) to support and inform their work across the borough.