Fancy growing your own fresh fruit, flowers, herbs and vegetables? Then an allotment could be for you. Having an allotment has many benefits including:
- growing good quality and fresh fruit and vegetables
- a good physical workout and a great way of beating stress
- making friends and get closer to nature and wildlife
Allotment rent is £50 for Brent residents and £75 for 62m2 (2.5 poles) per year.
Shed rent is £22.95 per year or £11.48 for concessions.
You can get 50 per cent off the annual rent of a plot of up to 5 poles, if you are a Brent Resident and:
- over 60 or
- receive unemployment benefits or
- receive disability benefits.
You will need to provide proof to claim the relevant concession.