This small park is within Sudbury Court Estate, a mock-Tudor estate built in 1927-35 as the area was being developed. It was part of Sudbury Farm, which was farmed until 1900 by the Perrin family. In the 1920s the land was sold for development, part of the larger estate of Lord Northwick; many of the roads are named after villages near his Gloucestershire seat.
The open space on a hill in the middle of the Sudbury Court Estate was later passed to the Council as public open space, and became known locally as The Pimple. There remain some original hedges and mature oak trees.