No Idling Campaign
Vehicle Idling Action
Vehicle Idling Action is a London-wide, education and behaviour change campaign to help reduce localised air pollution caused by motorists who are idling (in other words they are stationary but continue to have their engines running for over a minute). This project is building on the success of a pilot project in the City of London and is being funded by the Mayor's Air Quality Fund.
There will be 17 idling action events taking place in different locations across the City every month, between March 2018 and March 2019. In pairs, teams of local volunteers – concerned citizens, local business employees and project staff – will be taking part in the events and helping with the education of motorists and pedestrians alike.
What volunteers will get out of it
- Learn behaviour change theory and skills at our training sessions
- Gain knowledge about London’s most urgent environmental issue – air pollution
- Learn how to reduce your exposure to air pollution
- Have fun – we will be educating people using games such as snakes and ladders
- Social interaction – meet other local volunteers.
There are three ways that your business can support the project:
- Publically supporting the campaign
- Advertising the project in your stores/offices and through your fleet
- Supplying volunteers to the project.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest to become an Air Quality Champion.