With an online council tax account, you can:
- set up or change a Direct Debit
- tell us if you are moving or planning to move
- apply for a single persons discount
- view a summary of your Council Tax
- view your payments and statements
- sign up to e-Billing
- view or download council tax statements
- tell us about a change to status of your property
- view previous account details
- set up an account for another property
- contact the Council Tax team
How to activate the Council Tax service
To activate your online Council Tax account for the first time, you will need a notification letter or email from us with your Council Tax details.
- Create an account on the customer portal
- Access Council Tax service
- Click on 'Activate your council tax account'
- Enter the following information as show on your bill
- Council tax account number
- Enter your first or given names exactly as they appear on your Council Tax bill. Only include your middle name if is stated on your bill. Please include a space between each name.
- Last name
- Property details
- Security question - either the method of last council tax payment or the sort code (Applicable only if direct debit is set up on the account)