With an online housing benefit and Council Tax support account, you can:
- view your benefits account summary
- make a new claim for housing benefit
- make a new claim for Council Tax Support
- Report a change in circumstances
- use the online benefits calculator
- apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment
- dispute a benefit decision
- pay back a housing benefit overpayment
- close an online benefits account
To activate your online housing benefit and Council Tax support account for the first time, you will need a notification letter or email from us with your housing benefit and Council Tax support details.
How to activate the housing benefit service
- You will need a notification letter or email from us confirming your weekly entitlement
- Register for or sign into My Account
- Select 'housing benefits and Council Tax support'
- Then 'Activate your benefits account'
- You will be asked to enter the following information as show in your notification letter
- Claim reference number
- Your full name (including any given or middle names)
- Property details
- Answer a security question - either your date of birth or your national insurance number
- If all of the information matches up correctly, you will be able to access the service.