Love Where You Live grants
Love Where You Live provides funding for projects that aim to foster a sense of belonging amongst all communities, where diversity is celebrated and valued and opportunities are available for all.
It is about strengthening the skills, abilities and confidence of local people and empowering residents to come together to respond to local concerns and take action to develop stronger communities.
Who can apply?
- Individuals / Brent residents
- Community and voluntary organisations
- Registered charities
- Constituted clubs or groups
- Mutual aid groups
- Social enterprises / Community Interest Companies (C.I.C’s)
In addition, applicants need to:
- demonstrate support of at least 10 local residents for their proposed project
- be over the age of 16 (if under 18, permission needs to be given from an appropriate adult)
- ensure the project is based wholly within Brent
We particularly welcome applications from new groups who have not previously been funded by the council.
What can you use the grant for?
The project should be a one-off activity (unless your project is concerned with social isolation or capacity building) with a clear beginning and end.
Projects should fit one of seven key themes:
- Developing community cohesion and bringing the community together - activities or events, which help, create a sense of belonging.
- Climate change and tackling environmental issues – coming together to make your neighbourhood cleaner and greener.
- Addressing inequalities and expanding local engagement – reaching out to new communities, cultures and neighbours.
- Capacity-building – to help support and grow a newly formed group.
- Tackling social isolation – supporting people who have little support or community involvement.
- Disproportionate impact of Covid-19 – providing projects or activities aimed at addressing the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on the Brent community.
- Mutual aid activities – aiming to provide relief to the most vulnerable within Brent.
How much can you apply for?
Each applicant can apply for a grant of up to £500 (limited to one submission per financial year)
Before you apply
Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of community projects that have been funded
During the COVID 19 pandemic Love Where You Live has continued to fund community projects. Many of the projects we have funded have been in direct response aiming to address some of the impacts COVID 19 has had on Brent communities. Brent Council have funded:
- online programmes for older people who are shielding or living in social isolation
- organisations providing hot-meals for residents experiencing economic hardship.
How your application will be assessed
The council’s Grant’s team will check your application and get back to you if any information is missing or needs clarifying.
The project will be assessed to ensure it meets the Love where you live grant criteria.
We will consider projects in batches on a monthly basis and will seek to give you a decision within 30 days of receiving your application.
During the COVID 19 pandemic the Grant’s Team will be reviewing applications on a weekly basis.
You will be required to monitor the success of your project. You will need to submit evidence and information about your project within four weeks of the project being completed, including:
- Photos/video showing the project taking place with appropriate permissions
- Receipts/Invoices as proof of project expenditure
- A record of how many people benefited from the project
- A short narrative detailing the project outcomes, which may put on the council website or other promotional material, with the photos and/or video.
These should be sent to: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org