North West Quarter (Peel)
The redevelopment site comprising of Peel Precinct, 97-112 Carlton House, 8-14 Neville Close, 2A Canterbury Road and Peel site garages forms part of phase 3a of the South Kilburn regeneration programme. The redevelopment site is often referred to as ‘Peel’.
What North West Quarter has already delivered:
- Woodrow House with 38 new affordable homes for existing secure South Kilburn Council tenants. Woodrow House is part of the first phase of the scheme and wascompleted in September 2021. This phase of the project also delivered 32 car parking spaces.
Councillor Shama Tatler, Cabinet Member for Regeneration, Property and Planning at Brent Council, said at the delivery event:
“The handover of homes in phase one of North West Quarter is an exciting moment for Brent Council. This development is a focus point for our community and the wider South Kilburn Regeneration Programme. We are very proud to deliver 38 new high quality affordable homes in this first phase, a crucial milestone which will be life-changing for many of our South Kilburn residents. This development is part of our commitment to deliver 5,000 affordable homes in the borough by 2024 and to create a fairer and more equal Brent.”
The scheme has been designed by award winning architects Penoyre & Prasad architects and has been taken forward by Child Graddon Lewis Architects. The scheme has already won awards, including the Future Project category at the Place West London Awards in May 2017, and Best Practice at the New London Architecture awards in May 2019.
Countryside Properties, one of the UK's leading home builders specialising in placemaking and regeneration, has been chosen as the development partner, along with one of the UK's largest housing associations, Home Group, to deliver the Peel.
Below are images of the North West Quarter showing the outstanding quality of the design delivered to South Kilburn residents:
What will North West Quarter deliver next:
The whole scheme will build out in phases and is expected to complete in 2026. Construction work has now started on phases two and three, which includes:
- a further 68 affordable homes, inc Shared Ownership
- 96 private homes
- a new health centre with flexible first floor space with a Health & Wellbeing Hub
- affordable workspace
- a gym
- local shops on the ground floor – anticipated for pharmacy, café and retail use
- highways and Public Realm improvements
- a new public plaza sitting at the heart of the development and South Kilburn community
- the development will have a strong social value offer which will tie in with the wider South Kilburn regeneration.
The Council is committed to delivering an accessible and varied range of social value and employment initiatives for local residents as part of each development. Countryside is also committed to working in partnership with Brent Works to make opportunities available to local people through apprenticeships, trainee programmes and work experience placements.