Health and wellbeing boards are central to the health and social care system. It brings together councillors, senior GPs, council officers and patient representatives in Brent to develop health and social care strategy.
Functions of the Health and Wellbeing board
- Assess the needs of the population through the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA). The JSNA identifies Brent's key health issues and major health inequalities and what can be done to address them
- Agree and produce a health and wellbeing strategy to address needs, which commissioners will need to consider when developing commissioning plans for health care, social care and public health. Commissioning plans can be referred to the Clinical Commission Group (CCG), our Cabinet or NHS Commissioning Board if they do not reflect the JSNA and health and wellbeing strategy
- Promote joint commissioning between health and social care
- Join up social care, public health and NHS services with wider local authority services
- Take part in the development of CCG commissioning plans and provide advice to the NHS Commissioning Board in authorising CCGs
The chair of the health and wellbeing board is Cllr Hirani. The vice-chair is Dr Ethie Kong, chair of the Brent Clinical Commissioning Group.
Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
The Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) is a report of the present needs for pharmaceutical services. It is used to identify any gaps in current services or improvements that could be made in future pharmaceutical service provision.
The Regulations state that Supplementary Statements can provide updates to the Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment only in relation to changes in the availability of pharmaceutical services.
- PNA Supplementary Statement September 2022
- PNA Supplementary Statement April 2022
- PNA Supplementary Statement February 2020 (.pdf, 105.1kB)
- PNA Supplementary Statement December 2019 (.pdf, 105.1kB)
- PNA Supplementary Statement Compliance report 2019(.pdf, 39.9kB)
- PNA Supplementary Statement September 2019(.pdf, 113.5kB)
- PNA Supplementary Statement May 2019 (.pdf, 112.4kB)
- PNA Supplementary Statement April 2019 (.pdf, 105.6kB)