Opened in 1954, Carpenders Park Lawn cemetery is situated in 14 acres of mature woodland in the beautiful Carpenders Park.
The cemetery features:
- a dedicated area for the Muslim community
- the Hartsbourne stream, which flows into a small lake with ducks, sticklebacks and moorhens
- an abundance of wildlife with visits from grey squirrels, jays and kingfishers
As this cemetery is a lawn cemetery, please keep in mind that we:
- only permit wooden or bio-degradable coffins or caskets (no metal coffins or caskets are allowed)
- do not allow any upright memorials, only approved horizontal bronze or bronze resign memorial plaques are allowed
- do not permit any boarders / grave surrounds, any chippings or any kind of coverings
- do not permit any trees or shrubs to be planted or placed on the graves (unless in the woodland section)
- kindly ask that no glass objects / items are placed within the cemetery.