When you place a booking on the Brent website for a ceremony, we will send you an email to acknowledge it. This initial email will confirm your booking as a provisional booking and does not mean that your booking has been accepted by the Council until all the below conditions are met.
- You have given notice within the required time of 29 or 71 days prior to your ceremony date.
- You provide two witnesses for your Marriage/Civil Partnership ceremony who are over 16 years of age and can speak and understand English.
- There will be a penalty if you are late more than 15 minutes from your allocated time slot, please see our fees page. If we are unable to fit you in on the same day, we will need to reschedule your ceremony to another day and you will be liable to pay the rescheduling fee.
- If a booking fee/secure deposit has been made, then this is non-refundable.
- Any amendment to the time or date of your booking will incur the following charges:
a. if you amend your ceremony date or time - please see our fees page.
b. Loss of full ceremony fee – if amendment made less than 14 calendar days before your ceremony.
- The balance of your fee is payable a month before your ceremony date.
- We cannot carry out the ceremony or meet the booking date due to a shortage of staff or due to an overbooking error in the booking system.
- There has been a mistake in the calculation fees for the ceremony before booking.
- We have been unable to authorise payment, or evidence of payment has been made.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- The booking fee is non-refundable.
- A cancellation made more than 30 calendar days before your ceremony - if the full fee for the ceremony has been paid then a refund of the ceremony fee minus the booking fee is applicable.
- A cancellation made less than 14 calendar days before your ceremony – no refund applicable.
- If you are cancelling your ceremony this needs to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to reschedule your appointment you need to advise us within 2 working days, otherwise you will be charged another appointment fee.
- If you do not attend an appointment with the required documentation you will be charged another appointment fee.
- It is your responsibility to check all legal documents before you sign, failure to do so may result in a statutory correction fee.
- You must bring original documents for all appointments.
- If you have difficulty understanding English, you are advised to bring someone with you to assist with interpreting.