Child employment licences

Find out about

What's required and how to apply for child employment, performance, BOPA, chaperone licences and permits

Body of Persons Approval (BOPA)

Allows groups and organisations to have an overall licence for their performance. This means you do not need a licence for each individual child.

Chaperone licence

If your child takes part in a licensed performance, they must be supervised by a responsible adult, known as a chaperone

Child employment permit

If your child wishes to do paid work, you and your child's employer must apply to us for a work permit

Child performance licence

An entertainment licence is required for performances in which children are due to work on set days with a specific production company