If you want to provide massage, tattooing and beauty treatments at a premises you must have a Special Treatment licence. Special treatments include:
- Laser/Intense Pulsed Light
- body, ear and nose piercing
- light treatments, such as sunbeds
- electric treatments, such as electrolysis
- other treatments involving heat, light or vapour, such as sauna or other bath treatments
You can find a full list of special treatments below. This list is not exhaustive and subject to change.
There are also risk levels associated with each treatment, this will factor into your costs.
Contact us if you are unsure as to whether the treatment you intend to offer requires a licence.