Businesses and employers
Business Rates Holiday for Retail, Leisure and Hospitality BusinessesThe business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses has been extended until the end of June 2021. Businesses who are affected by this will not receive their bill for 2021/22 yet. The bills for these businesses will be issued once the business rates holiday has been applied. We will share any information on further relief on our website and through our Business newsletter.
National and local restrictions business grants
The government has announced a series of grants for businesses affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Make sure you read the eligibility criteria, included in each section below, before you apply.
The Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme has now closed.
It has been replaced by the Back to Business Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme. Please see the information below for more details.
Back to Business Additional Restrictions Grant
This grant is aimed at businesses that have been impacted by Covid-19 but have not been supported by the Restart Grant or the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG).
To be eligible, your business must:
- have been impacted by covid-19
- have not received the Local Restrictions Support Grant or the Restart Grant
- are trading in Brent
- do not have a rateable value over £51,000 or annual commercial rent over £102,000
- operate from home
- operate from a commercial premises (including shared workspaces)
This is a discretionary grant and the Council will assess your eligibility during this period using the details provided in the application form.
Restart Grant (1 April 2021 onwards)
The Restart Grant scheme has replaced the previous Local Restrictions Grants (closed) and Local Restrictions Grants (open).
- will be made available to qualifying (rated) non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses.
- will only be paid once applications have been received and verified.
Non-essential retail businesses with a rateable value of:
- £15,000 or less, will be eligible for a one-off grant of £2,667
- More than £15,000 and less than £51,000, will be eligible for a one-off grant of £4,000
- £51,000 or more, will be eligible for a one-off grant of £6,000
Qualifying Hospitality and Leisure properties with a rateable value of:
- £15,000 or less, will be eligible for a one-off grant of £8,000
- More than £15,000 and less than £51,000, will be eligible for a one-off grant of £12,000
- £51,000 or above, will be eligible for a one-off grant of £18,000