The next holiday is: 19 September 2022
Bank Holiday for the State Funeral of Queen Elizabeth II
Adult Social Care
- If you or someone you know needs urgent help washing, feeding or dressing themselves but does not have any friends or family to support them, call 020 8937 6589.
Bins, rubbish and recycling
- No recycling or waste collections on Monday 19 September, the day of the state funeral
- All collections next week, including general refuse, recycling, food and garden waste, will take place one day later than normal.
- If you have a scheduled bulky waste collection on 19 September, we will be in touch to rearrange this.
Our collection teams will be working as hard as they can to catch-up so leave your bins out until they are emptied. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Abbey Road Reuse and Recycling Centre
- Any bookings will be rescheduled for another day.
Brent Civic Centre
- The Civic Centre will be closed to the public.
Brent Customer Services Centre
- The Contact Centre will always be closed on bank holidays, Easter holidays, Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Some emergency services including Brent Housing Management repairs will be available on 020 8937 1234.
- All six hubs will be closed.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) help and support
- Brent Civic Centre Mass Vaccination Centre will be closed
- Visit our dedicated pages to find up-to-date advice, information and support for residents and businesses in Brent
- Telephone lines to book a test will be closed on bank holidays, Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- If you or someone you know is affected by domestic abuse, speak to Advance by calling 07398 454898. In an emergency, always call 999.
- Please call us on 020 8937 1234.
Family Wellbeing Centres
- All Family Welling Centres will be closed.
Leisure and sport centres
Parks and open spaces are open for exercise in line with government guidance. We are urging people to follow the latest public health advice while out and about.
- Vale Farm Sports Centre - Closed
- Willesden Sports Centre - Closed
- Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre - Closed
All six Brent libraries and the Brent Museum and Archives will be closed and will reopen Tuesday 20 September at 10.30am.
Noise and other nuisances
- Operating a Bank Holiday enforcement service, check if your area has bank holiday parking restrictions.
- Request parking enforcement action if a vehicle is parked unlawfully and is obstructing access to your driveway, a disabled parking bay or on the footway, you can make a request between the hours of 9am to 6.30pm, for the vehicle to be removed by calling 020 8290 8300 and selecting option 5.
- The Brent Car Pound will be open from 9am to 6pm.
Person at risk
- If you have any concerns about a person being harmed or at risk of abuse, call the Safeguarding Adults Team on 020 8937 4098.
Registration and Nationality
- Service will be closed. We will offer a two hour call out for urgent burials from 9am to 11am, please call 020 8937 1010 to speak to a member of the team. Full services will resume on Tuesday 20 September 2022 at 8.30am.