The prospect of leaving care can seem daunting but you are not alone. As your corporate parents, we will support you every step of the way on your journey to independence. We will:
- make sure that you are safe, healthy and are achieving the goals described in your pathway plan or your Care and Support Plan, if you are disabled
- do our best to help you achieve your full potential
- keep in touch and provide you with the support you need to meet your individual needs
- always care about you
- make sure that you and people who support you feel safe and supported and know where and who to go to for advice and help.
Who can get this support?
You can get this support if:
- you have been in care for at least 13 weeks between the ages of 14 and 16 (including your 16th birthday)
- you have been in care for 13 weeks after your 16th birthday.
How long you can get support for?
Following changes introduced through the Children and Social Work Act 2017, you can ask for support from your personal advisor until you reach the age of 25. This is to make sure care leavers get the same sort of support as young adults who live with their families would normally expect.