If you are unable to stay in your accommodation due to your support needs, there are a number of options available, depending on your situation:
- Sheltered housing – for people over 65 who want to live independently in their own flat but with the security of having an alarm system and a warden.
- Assisted living (Extra care housing) – Residential and nursing care or people needing medium and high levels of care
- Supported Living – for people needing care and support from on-site staff up to 24 hours a day
- Shared Lives – for vulnerable people who’d benefit from living in the home of a suitable carer
- Residential and nursing care – for people whose needs can no longer be supported in their own homes
- Moving to a smaller home – If you are a council tenant, there are options available for you to downsize the property you live in to something that is more manageable, we offer incentive payments up to £6,000
- Seaside and Country Homes – For social housing tenants aged 55 and over the option to move to bungalows and flats, across the south coast, eastern England and the west country
- Homeshare UK – matches elderly householders looking for support, with people who are looking for affordable housing
- Housing Moves – enables social housing tenants of London’s councils and housing associations to move from one part of the capital to another.