Fostering with Brent
Brent needs foster carers to look after children and young people of all ages.
We are passionate about supporting our foster carers and believe there are some great reasons why you should join us. Along with the reward of helping local children stay in their community, we offer attractive rewards, benefits, ongoing free training, and continuous support.
Our fostering package includes:
- a generous fostering allowance and fee
- one-off payments for special occasions throughout the year like birthdays, holidays and festivals
- dedicated support from an allocated social worker
- out-of-hours support from our Emergency Duty Team
- extensive learning, development and training opportunities
- support from other council teams - education, health and wellbeing services
- start-up items where applicable, such as a bed or cot, mattress, bedding and a car seat
- membership with The Fostering Network which offers a 24-hour helpline, discounts for foster carers, and much more
- fortnightly newsletters containing fostering updates, advice and benefits for carers
- buddying and mentoring with our more experienced carers
- fostering support groups where carers meet and share experiences, get advice, and network
- social events for carers and the children
Cost of day-care for a foster child
The early-years education grant, also known as the 15 free hours scheme, entitles all three and four year olds to 15 hours of free education each week for 38 weeks (equivalent to school term time).
Working families can claim an additional 15 hours (30 hours total) of childcare.
Children in care benefit from the ‘free early years’ education’ grant as well. Learn more about what the early years’ scheme.