Volunteering opportunities (18+) will appear on this page when they become available. Please read the role profile and apply using the links at the bottom of the page. Opportunities may cover a broad range of exciting activities, and are likely to include:
- Welcoming, hosting and talking to visitors in our museum and temporary exhibition space.
- Assisting with the running of the Archive Search Room, as well as collecting and delivering collections material to researchers.
- Working directly with Brent Museum and Archive collections; helping to care for and research them.
- Helping the team with our exhibitions programme by supporting them in developing, marketing and installing the displays.
- Being an active team member in our programme of events, including learning session, outreach events and engagements projects across the different communities of Brent. This will take place at locations across the borough, as well as in The Library at Willesden Green.
You will receive all the relevant training you need and you will work in a supportive environment with a team who will challenge, develop and engage with you, depending on what you need from us.
What’s in it for you?
- Employability skills. You will gain valuable experience of being in a busy and rewarding workplace, working in a professional team, gaining customer service skills through working in a front facing service.
- Transferable skills. You will gain skills and experience in many different areas that can be relevant to many different areas of work. These include skills in learning, curriculum education, events, customer service, records management.
- An opportunity to learn more about your local area, meet new and interesting people who could inform and inspire you. You might learn something or meet someone who challenges your existing views and changes your perspective. You might change the perspective of others.
- Volunteering offers a chance to support and contribute to your local museum and archive service, which exists to serve you, but you needs your help and time to do this.
If this sounds like something you want to be part of then please complete the application form today.