Brent Council and cabinet members values social workers and have agreed our revised recruitment and retention package. We have a great rewards packages for roles from Newly Qualified Social Workers up to Team Managers.
| Newly Qualified Social Worker (on the ASYE programme) ||£35,217 - £37,038 per annum|
| Social Worker ||£37,038 – £42,795 per annum, (plus Golden Hello & annual retention payment)|
|Senior Social Worker|| £42,795 - £45,834 per annum, (plus Golden Hello & annual retention payment) |
| Practice Consultant and Deputy Team Manager || £49,890 - £52,929 per annum, (plus Golden Hello & annual retention payment) |
| Team Manager || £56,022 - £59,313 per annum, (plus Golden Hello & annual retention payment) |
Golden Hello and annual retention payments
In addition to the basic salary Social Workers up to Team Manager’s will also receive:
- £5,000 Golden help payment once you have worked with us for six months
- £2,500 retention payment (£4,500 for some teams) once you have worked with us for 12 months (and every 12 months after that)
- Generous pension provision – defined benefit scheme
- Flexible annual leave scheme – minimum of 27 days’ annual leave increasing to 31 days after 5 years with Brent (bank holidays on top)
- Key worker housing in Wembley (subject to availability)
- Family Leave Policy including enhanced Maternity Pay provision
- Some of the best IT in local government.
Discounts and money saving
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Deposit Loan scheme,
- Reduced cost gym membership
- London Designer Outlet privilege card with discount with many retailers
- Wembley BoxPark privilege card plus many more.
Support and Wellbeing
We offer support for your health and wellbeing through access to a free Employee Assistance Programme that operates 24/7 all year round. You will access to:
- Counselling, information and advice services for issues arising at home or work.
- Confidential, independent and impartial support
We also offer:
- Dedicated Mental Wellbeing Champions who provide a non-judgemental, compassionate colleague to speak to.
- Access to The Wellbeing and Emotional Support Team (WEST) offering one-to-one or group reflective consultation.
- Culture of highly effective flexible working