If you need to block a parking, waiting or loading bay or group of parking bays for any length of time, you need to apply to suspend them.
Reasons for a parking suspension
You can apply to suspend parking bays for several reasons, including:
- home removals
- utilities work (gas, water or electricity)
- building works
- skip hire
- tree pruning
- local events
Applications received prior to 14 days £60 per bay, per day.
Applications received less than 14 days will have an additional fee of £118.
Cancellation of approved suspension applications will incur a fee of £95.
All charges are payable in advance in order for suspensions to be implemented.
How to apply
When you apply, you will need:
- the reason for suspending the parking bays
- the location of the parking bay(s)
- how long you need to suspend the bays (including the start and end dates)
- the number of bays you need to suspend (you will need an adequate number of bays to accommodate the size of any vehicle(s) that may block the space).
You need to apply at least 7 working days in advance. This is to give us time to put up signs and give reasonable notice to other road-users. We may refuse your application if you apply less than this time.