Whether you’re using your own ride or a dockless bicycle, always choose a responsible spot to park up. Do not block footways as this can make it difficult for other pedestrians, especially those with mobility problems, to get around.
Acceptable places to park include: in a designated cycle parking area, by the kerbside providing adequate room is left to get round the bike.
For further information on the rules and requirements regarding the parking of Lime dockless e-bikes in Brent, please visit Lime Micromobility.
Should you witnesses inconsiderate or unsafe parking of a Lime bike, or spot a bike that appears to be abandoned, you can report the problem directly to the Lime operations team at email@example.com. Where possible reports should include a photo of the bike (including its QR code - located between the handlebars) and the time and location it was seen. Bikes reported to this address will be removed within 1 hour.
We have introduced a number of bike hangers in Brent to allow residents to hire a space to store their bicycle. This year we have awarded a contract to Lock It Safe to provide and manage the rentals and maintenance of all our bike hangars. This provides the Council with the opportunity to reduce and remove subsiding costs and standardising the annual costs for future and existing bike hangar users.
You can request a bike hanger by submitting this form. We will add you to the waiting list and contact you when funding becomes available.
You can find cycle stands at a number of locations across the borough. Search for cycle stands and other bike parking near you on the Active Things website.
Five steps to help protect your bike
- Double-check your bike hanger is locked. Ensure your bike hanger is locked correctly. Before you leave, always double check the handle is locked.
- Lock your cycle correctly.Follow this guidance from the Met Police and use two Gold Standard locks when locking your cycle anywhere, including inside your bike hanger.
- Take out insurance and check your terms. When you take out insurance check your cycle is covered by your policy when parked in your bike hanger.
- Register your cycle. Register your cycle with BikeRegister. This helps prevent thieves from reselling your cycle and enables police to identify and reconnect you with it.
- Report suspicious activity.A watchful neighbourhood can be invaluable in preventing crime. We advise people witnessing a cycle theft to immediately phone 999.
It’s important to maintain your bike to ensure that it has a long life and is safe. Have your bike serviced once a year. Most bike shops offer bike servicing and you can usually pick up your bike the same day.
Public Bike Repair Stations
Bike repair stations have been installed at 3 locations in the borough for cyclists that need to carry out minor repairs to their bicycle, they can be found here:
- Brent Civic Centre
- Carlton Vale at the junction with Albert Road
- Willesden Sports Centre