Things to do
Changes to library opening hours
Please note that temporary opening hours have come into effect across Brent libraries. Find out more information on library opening times.
Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley HA9 0FJ
Temporary opening times are as follows:
- Monday 8am to 6pm
- Tuesday 8am to 6pm
- Wednesday 8am to 6pm
- Thursday 8am to 6pm
- Friday 8am to 6pm
- Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Sunday 10am to 5pm
Please note: From Monday to Friday the library is self-service only between 8am and 10am. You will need to have your library card with you to access services between these times.
These hours may change over a holiday period. View our holiday period opening hours, service changes and activities page for details
Wembley Library facilities
Wembley Library has:
- the latest fiction, non-fiction and information for adults and children
- comfortable furnishings
- loan and reference books for adults and children in many languages including Arabic, Polish, Gujurati and Portuguese
- a spacious area for children and parents with books and reading space
- 30 computers
- colour photocopier, printer and scanner (large keyboard available on request)
- 52 study spaces in the main library
- 12 study spaces in the children's library
- children/teen area
- IT facilities and wifi
- free online resources such as ebook downloads, emagazines and learning courses
- information, advice and guidance from the National Career Service to help you find work or a course every Wednesday, 1pm to 3pm
- DVD rentals
- audio books
- newspapers and magazines
- CCTV is installed in the libraries to ensure the security and safety of customers, contractors, employees, and visitors to the Brent libraries. For CCTV enquiries, visit our Community Safety page
Wembley Library regular events
Bookstart Story and Rhyme Time for Under 5s
Tuesdays and Fridays 10.30-11am
The third Wednesday of each month 1.30-4pm
IT for Beginners
The Romanian Book Group
The second Saturday of each month 1-3pm
Work Rights Centre
Wembley Library access and parking
- Limited pay and display parking within the civic centre.
Disabled parking information
- 12 disabled parking spaces.
- On Engineers Way and Exhibition Way.
- On Engineers Way or via the Brent Civic Centre main reception area.