Update: 30 November 2017
The sewer works on High Road, Wembley, are progressing well and the proposed end date for these works is now 22nd December.
To date Thames Water have:
- removed the traffic Island
- excavated a shaft onto the sewer over seven meters deep.
- tunnelled four meters downstream, towards Park Lane, to a point where there is no concrete in the sewer.
- tunnelled upstream, towards Wembley triangle, eight and a half meters to the lateral connection from the former Brent House site and have tunnelled a further five and a half meters but there is still concrete in the sewer.
- Sink another shaft on the sewer, this will take up to a week to complete
- Continue to tunnel upstream to a point where there is no concrete in the sewer
- Replace the sewer
- Backfill the tunnels
- Backfill the shaft
- Permanent reinstatement of carriageway.
The end date for these works cannot be confirmed until the all concrete is removed from the sewer, having spoken to Thames Water and their contractor, Cappagh, we estimate that reinstatement works will take up to three weeks to complete from the point that all concrete is removed. It is possible that High Road will remain closed in one direction until 22 December.
Sewer blocked with concrete
View from surface down the shaft
High Road, Wembley will be closed to eastbound traffic from the junction of Park Lane. Traffic will be diverted via Park Lane and Wembley Hill Road, a signed diversion will be in place for the duration of the works.
Westbound traffic will continue to use High Road, Wembley as normal
The impact to the road network in the Wembley area is expected to be severe, especially in peak times. Where possible please avoid the area.
Buses will be diverted as follows
Routes 18, N18 towards Euston or Trafalgar Square
From High Road (Park Lane), left Park Lane, right Wembley Hill Road, left Harrow Road, line of route.
Routes 83, 92, 182, 223 or N83 towards Golders Green, St Raphael's, Brent Cross or Harrow
From High Road (Park Lane), left Park Lane, right Wembley Hill Road, left Empire Way, line of route.
Route 224 to Wembley Stadium
From High Road (Park Lane), left Park Lane, right Wembley Hill Road, line of route for stand. (Alight Passengers on Stand)
Route 483 towards Harrow
From High Road (Park Lane), left Park Lane, left Wembley Hill Road, line of route.