Emergency help and support

For specialist support including for emergency childcare, domestic abuse, homelessness, or help for individuals with more complex needs (for example, washing and dressing) you can call a number of services directly on the numbers listed below. All lines are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm unless otherwise stated.


Brent Bereavement Services can provide individual counselling by trained volunteers. If you would like to talk to someone following the death of a loved one, call:

  • Brent Bereavement Services, on 020 8459 6818. You can also send an SMS to 07747 401 448 or visit www.bbsonline.org.uk

More support for dealing with loss

Thrive LDN have collected a full set of resources to support you if you are grieving the sudden death of someone close to you, or if you are supporting someone going through sudden bereavement. The guide includes specific support for children and young people, older people, LGBTQI+ communities, BAME communities and key workers.

Visit the Thrive LDN website

Children at risk

If you have any concerns about a child being harmed or at risk of harm, call:

  • Brent Family Front Door, on 020 8937 4300

Domestic abuse: What to do if your partner or family member is making home feel unsafe

We are all being asked to self-isolate to protect our communities. But we know that for some people, home won’t feel like a safe place. Domestic abuse takes many forms, and doesn’t always mean being hit or physically hurt. It could be humiliation, bullying, threats, withholding your money, or stopping you from calling or texting friends and family. If this sounds familiar, several local and national agencies can offer support if you or someone you know is affected by domestic abuse:

In an emergency, always call 999.

Advance in Brent

Advance is an independent, client-led charity for all of those living in Brent who have experienced domestic abuse (male and female, including teenagers) and their children.

24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline

  • 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.
  • If you are a young person needing support and advice contact Childline on 0800 1111.
  • If you are a male victim of domestic violence in need of support contact Men's Advice Line on freephone 0808 801 0327.

Emergency childcare

For emergency childcare (for vulnerable children or children of key workers), call:

  • Children and Families information service, on 020 8937 3010


If you are homeless, or threatened with homelessness, call:

  • Housing Contact Centre on 020 8937 2000, choosing option 3

If you are worried about someone sleeping rough:

Private tenants

If you are a private tenant, and you are being threatened with eviction, call:

  • Brent Tenancy Protection Service, on 020 7874 8414

Safeguarding adults

Are you worried about abuse or neglect of a vulnerable adult? Abuse is when someone makes you feel upset, frightened or afraid. This includes domestic abuse.

If you are worried call:

  • Safeguarding Adults Team, on 020 8937 4098

Support at home

For support at home, call:

  • Adult social care on 020 8937 4300

Vulnerable people

Do you know someone who needs urgent help washing, feeding or dressing themselves but doesn’t have friends or family to support them? If you are worried about a vulnerable person and don’t think they have existing support, call:

  • Adult Social Care Customer Service, 020 8937 4300 (9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri)


  • Emergency help and support

Medical assistance

If you are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus and they worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, use the NHS 111 online service. Do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999. 

NHS 111 

Things to read