Emergency help and support
For specialist support including for emergency childcare, domestic abuse, homelessness, or help for individuals with more complex needs (for example, washing and dressing) you can call a number of services directly on the numbers listed below. All lines are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm unless otherwise stated.
Brent Bereavement Services can provide individual counselling by trained volunteers. If you would like to talk to someone following the death of a loved one, call:
- Brent Bereavement Services, on 020 8459 6818. You can also send an SMS to 07747 401 448 or visit www.bbsonline.org.uk
Thrive LDN have collected a full set of resources to support you if you are grieving the sudden death of someone close to you, or if you are supporting someone going through sudden bereavement. The guide includes specific support for children and young people, older people, LGBTQI+ communities, BAME communities and key workers.
Children at risk
If you have any concerns about a child being harmed or at risk of harm, call:
- Brent Family Front Door, on 020 8937 4300
Domestic abuse: What to do if your partner or family member is making home feel unsafe
We are all being asked to self-isolate to protect our communities. But we know that for some people, home won’t feel like a safe place. Domestic abuse takes many forms, and doesn’t always mean being hit or physically hurt. It could be humiliation, bullying, threats, withholding your money, or stopping you from calling or texting friends and family. If this sounds familiar, several local and national agencies can offer support if you or someone you know is affected by domestic abuse:
In an emergency, always call 999.
Advance in Brent
Advance is an independent, client-led charity for all of those living in Brent who have experienced domestic abuse (male and female, including teenagers) and their children.
- Call 07398 454898 Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm
- Email email@example.com
24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline
- 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.
- If you are a young person needing support and advice contact Childline on 0800 1111.
- If you are a male victim of domestic violence in need of support contact Men's Advice Line on freephone 0808 801 0327.
For emergency childcare (for vulnerable children or children of key workers), call:
- Children and Families information service, on 020 8937 3010
If you are homeless, or threatened with homelessness, call:
- Housing Contact Centre on 020 8937 2000, choosing option 3
If you are worried about someone sleeping rough:
- Visit the Streetlink London website.
If you are a private tenant, and you are being threatened with eviction, call:
- Brent Tenancy Protection Service, on 020 7874 8414
Are you worried about abuse or neglect of a vulnerable adult? Abuse is when someone makes you feel upset, frightened or afraid. This includes domestic abuse.
If you are worried call:
- Safeguarding Adults Team, on 020 8937 4098
Support at home
For support at home, call:
- Adult social care on 020 8937 4300
Do you know someone who needs urgent help washing, feeding or dressing themselves but doesn’t have friends or family to support them? If you are worried about a vulnerable person and don’t think they have existing support, call:
- Adult Social Care Customer Service, 020 8937 4300 (9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri)
- Emergency help and support
If you are displaying symptoms of Coronavirus and they worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, use the NHS 111 online service. Do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.