Anti-social behaviour covers a wide range of unacceptable activity that causes harm to an individual, to their community or to their environment. This could be an action by someone else that leaves you feeling alarmed, harassed or distressed. It also includes fear of crime or concern for public safety, public disorder or public nuisance.
What we will investigate
Brent ASB Team will typically deal with anti-social behaviour which could include (but is not limited to) those listed below:
- Street drinking
- Drug dealing/ Drug taking / Substance misuse
- Brothel/ Prostitution / Soliciting / Kerb Crawling
- Harassment / Intimidation
- Suspected Cuckoo
- Nuisance Premises
- Vulnerable individual causing ASB
- Anti-Social Shisha Venue
- Neighbour disputes
- Groups or individuals making threats
- Rough sleeping / Begging
- Travellers Encampments
What we won't investigate
We expect a reasonable level of tolerance among people and will seek to make a fair evaluation on whether complaints made are reasonable. Brent ASB Team will therefore not investigate the following:
- Actions that are considered to be normal everyday activities or household noise;
- Complaints which are not a breach of the terms of tenancy, for example, neighbours staring at you or you don’t like the way you were spoken too;
- Actions which amount to people not being pleasant to each other but are not sufficiently serious to likely cause harm to justify our involvement
- Complaints about other people having lifestyles that offend others, for example, who people socialise with, how people dress or what they do in their own homes;
- Fly-tipping, overcrowding and disrepair. This will be referred to other departments within the Council responsible for investigating these types of problems.
Report Anti-Social Behaviour
Find out what you should do before reporting, how to report Anti-Social Behaviour and what happens next.
Our ASB policy
Our Anti-Social Behaviour Policy and procedure outlines how the Council deals with anti-social behaviour, and the tools and powers available for use by the Council Officers.