Democracy portal unavailable
We are aware of an issue with our democracy portal, which means it is not possible to access that part of our site, currently. Our team are working to fix the problem as quickly as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Street trading licences

Find more information and how to apply, amend or cancel a licence 

Market stalls insurance

All market traders need public liability insurance

Occasional sales licence

A group of five or more trade stalls that are not on a highway or in a building. This might be a small market or a car boot sale

Pavement licence

Allows businesses to place removable furniture outside their premises to sell or serve food or drink while social distancing are in place

Street café

If you wish to place tables and chairs on a public pavement or street you will need a licence from us

Street trading licence

To trade from a place that is not a designated site. If you are displaying goods outside your shop you'll need a street trading licence

Sunday trading loading consent

Application for consent to load and unload before 9am on Sundays