We work with our contractors to make sure Brent’s roads and streets are kept clean and tidy all year round.
This operation involves cleaning more than 1,700 streets.
- Zone 1 roads (usually town centres) are cleaned daily between 7am and 10pm.
- Residential areas are cleaned once a week.
- Increased cleaning of streets surrounding Wembley Stadium takes place on and after event days.
- Follow up cleaning to make sure streets are clean after refuse and recycling bins and boxes are emptied.
- Litter bins are emptied when they are 75% full – there’s more than 1,750 of them.
We aim to make sure the cleanliness of Brent’s streets never drops below ‘Grade B’. This grade means a street is predominately free of litter and rubbish except for a few small items.
Our street cleaning programme also includes:
- clearing Littering and fly-tipping
- cleaning gullies (roadside gutters and drains)
- removing graffiti
- removing dead animals from the public highway
- cleaning all street furniture at least twice a year - including signs, benches and bollards
- clearing fallen leaves
You can help up keep Brent’s streets clean by reporting issues to us if you see them. The simplest way to do this is direct from your mobile using the Love Clean Street Streets smartphone app.