We work with our contractors to make sure Brent’s roads and streets are kept clean and tidy all year round.
This operation involves cleaning more than 1,700 streets.
- Zone 1 roads (usually town centres) are cleaned daily between 7am and 10pm.
- Residential areas are cleaned once a week / fortnight
- Increased cleaning of streets surrounding Wembley Stadium takes place on and after event days.
- Follow up cleaning to make sure streets are clean after refuse and recycling bins are emptied.
- Litter bins are emptied when they are 75% full – there’s more than 463 of them.
We aim to make sure the cleanliness of Brent’s streets never drops below ‘Grade B’. This grade means a street is predominately free of litter and rubbish except for a few small items.
Grading structure for street cleanliness
- Grade A: no litter or refuse
- Grade B: predominately free of litter and refuse, except for a few small items.
- Grade C: widespread distribution of litter and refuse, with some items spread across the road
- Grade D: heavily littered, with significant piles built up
Three intermediate grades will also be used. These are:
- B+ between Grade A and Grade B
- B- between Grade B and Grade C
- C- between Grade C and Grade D