Mental health services
Brent Community Mental Health services are made up of three main teams:
- Single Point of Access (SPA) - to provide 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year access to CNWL’s Adult Mental Health Services. This is the referral point into the service for emergency, urgent and routine referrals. View the easy read leaflet to find out more about the SPA.
- Home Treatment and Rapid Response team - to respond quickly to service users at point of crisis and put in place interventions to help keep people at home and avoid admission to hospital.
- Two Community Mental Health teams – north and south. The early intervention service is also hosted within the community teams..
The Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs)
What can you expect?
- Response to referrals from the Single Point of Access, including a face to face response within four hours in emergency cases and brief treatment as required.
- Core assessments, risk assessments and carer’s assessments.
- Outcome based care and support plans
- Contact or meet with those under our care at least once a month to ensure care needs are being met
- Working towards discharge from the secondary service back to primary care
- Involvement with Employment Support Services, training and other activities designed to promote independence and recovery and to avoid social isolation.
Care will be managed by a lead clinician or care coordinator and doctor in one of these teams depending on where you are registered with a GP. If you are registered with a GP in the north of the borough, your care will be allocated to the north team. If you are registered with a GP in the south, you will be allocated to the south team.
The new North and South Brent CMHTs are based at 15 Brondesbury Road, London NW6 6BX.
- Single Point of Access – 0800 0234 650
- South CMHT Telephone – 020 8937 2736
- North CMHT Telephone - 0208 937 6360