Universal Credit has replaced a range of benefits and tax credits for working-age residents who are on low income. Universal Credit is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) at:
Universal Credit is a single monthly benefit payment which will eventually replace:
- Income Support
- Income related Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit/Child Tax Credit
If you live with a partner, you will both receive a single payment.
Call the free UC helplines
- UC enquiry hotline 0800 328 9344
- UC enquiry hotline (if you have a claim already) 0800 328 5644
- Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- Housing-Landlords only 0800 328 3844
- Payment Services (Landlord/Creditor) 0800 328 0128
- Payment Services (Claimants) 0800 328 0172
- Text phone 0800 328 1344
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.