Universal Credit

Universal Credit has replaced a range of benefits and tax credits for working-age residents who are on low income. Universal Credit is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) at:

Universal Credit is a single monthly benefit payment which will eventually replace:

  • Income Support
  • Income related Job Seeker’s Allowance
  • Income related Employment Support Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Working Tax Credit/Child Tax Credit

If you live with a partner, you will both receive a single payment.