Wembley Park key worker housing
Brent Council’s wholly owned housing company, i4B, has negotiated the purchase of a brand new apartment block in Wembley Park which will provide much-needed affordable accommodation for key workers across the borough and beyond.
The building is due to open in January, and applications are now open for our 1- and 2-bed apartments for those that are eligible.
Please see the links below to go on a virtual tour of the apartments. These are best opened in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Please note that not all apartments are the same layout or size.
Monthly rent levels will be £992 for a 1-bed apartment and £1,122 for a 2-bed apartment. This includes service charge, but does not include bills such as electricity, broadband or water usage.
As part of the process, supporting information will need to be submitted to confirm the eligibly of tenants on the below areas. We will be carrying out independent verification and referencing checks to confirm the information provided.
Key Worker Status
At least one member of a household must be in a key worker post, and at least one eligible key worker must remain on the tenancy at all times.
The nomination policy, agreed by the Council and the i4B board, identifies two tiers of key worker roles. Tier 1 roles are the key worker roles that are most in demand for recruitment and retention. Tier two roles are key worker roles that are still in demand, but not to the same degree as tier one roles.
Applications from people in Tier 1 roles will be prioritised. However, if you are in a Tier 2 role you should still apply.
Details of eligible key worker roles are below, the roles are listed in no particular order.
- Qualified Social Worker (excluding ASYE)
- Occupational Therapist
- Educational Psychologist
- Commissioning Employee (Adult Social Care)
- IT Architect
- Public Health Specialist
- Specialist IT Engineer
- Health Visitor
- Nurses – Bands 5 and 6
- Midwives at Band 6
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Doctors in the following specialties:
- Acute Medicine
- Anaesthetics / Critical Care
- Care of Elderly
- Armed Forces
- Council/Government Staff
- Fire Officers and Retained Fire Fighters
- NHS Staff
- Police Officers
- Prison Service and Probation Service Staff
- Social Worker
- Teachers in schools, further education or sixth form colleges
- Any other worker agreed in writing by the Council (this will be reviewed yearly to reflect the needs of the Council and the list will be published online)
The key worker in the household must be employed on a permanent contract or be employed on a fixed term contract where:
- They are due to remain in employment for a further 6 months from the date the tenancy is due to commence and;
- The initial term of their contract was at least 12 months.
The Key Worker Housing scheme is designed to provide accommodation to households who may otherwise have difficulties affording to rent in London. Therefore, household income limits have been set. Please note that this is based on household income i.e. the total annual income of all household members over 18, not the key workers annual income.
- To be eligible for a one bedroom property household income must not exceed £65k a year.
- To be eligible for a two bedroom property household income must not exceed £90k a year.
- Household income must also be a minimum of £31k.
All household members must be either a British or EU/EEA citizen with a Settled Status by December 2020 or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
No household member can own or part own a property.
One eligible key worker must remain on the tenancy at all times
Make sure you have the below documents to hand as you will not be able to complete an application without them.
You will also need to collect all of the below information for any household members who are over the age of 18:
- Passport or documents proving an indefinite right to remain in the UK
- You last 3 months payslip
- Contract of Employment
- Contact details for current landlord (if applicable)
- Birth certificates for children under 18
Please read the above information carefully on the eligibility criteria for the scheme and have the supporting documentation ready before starting your application.