Moving traffic contraventions
Things to read
- Cleaner Brent app - Find out how to report street care issues with your phone
- Car clubs
- Abandoned and unwanted vehicles
- Bus shelters, stops and taxi ranks
- Freedom pass
- Brent travel guide - map and local travel information (.pdf)
- School travel information
- Vehicle crossings and dropped kerbs
Moving traffic contraventions include banned right or left turns, no entries, blocking a yellow box junction, going the wrong way in a one way street and illegal U turns.
Enforcement of moving traffic contraventions enables us to combat dangerous manoeuvres on Brent's roads, improve road safety and reduce congestion.
Your contravention and paying your fine
- Pay your penalty online. You will need your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) and Vehicle Registration Mark (VRM) numbers as shown on your notice.
- Photographs or video of each contravention can be viewed online at viewmypcn.co.uk. You will need your PCN and Vehicle Registration Mark as shown on your notice.
Report a contravention
If you are aware of repeated contraventions in your area, please contact the enforcement team on 020 8937 4995 between 8am and 10pm any day except Christmas Day.
How we enforce
We enforce moving traffic contraventions, bus lanes and parking controls using fixed CCTV cameras and mobile CCTV vehicles. Please note that these locations are subject to change.
We are committed to fairness and transparency in our enforcement. To support this we will ensure that all staff who undertake moving traffic contravention enforcement using CCTV will have successfully completed a training course, as required by London Councils and that there are signs indicating that CCTV enforcement is taking place in the area.
The list of enforceable contraventions
Yellow box junctions
Yellow box junctions have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road and there are approximately 100 yellow box junctions in Brent.
You must not enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear however, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right. At signalled roundabouts you must not enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping.
- View the list of yellow box junctions in Brent (.pdf, 48Kb)
This file lists the roads where there are certain restrictions that are enforced such as, one-way traffic, banned turns and weight restrictions.
- Moving traffic contravention restrictions in Brent (.pdf, 193Kb)
'School Keep Clear' areas
Keeping a safe traffic flow around schools is very important. This file lists all the 'School Keep Clear' areas in Brent where parking rules will be enforced.
- 'School Keep Clear' areas in Brent (.pdf, 300Kb)