The UK originally planned to leave the EU on 29 March 2019, but parliament did not agree on an exit process so the EU agreed the UK could continue their membership of the EU until May 2019 to give the UK time to agree an exit process. In April the UK asked for more time and the EU agreed a flexible extension so the UK will now leave the EU on or before 31 October 2019. The planned departure date is 31 October 2019, but if parliament agree an exit process before this the UK can leave the EU earlier. 

Many of Brent residents are European, and leaving the EU will affect almost all residents in some way or other. You can read further on this by downloading the Brent Council no deal Brexit risk assessment

The government has introduced the EU settlement scheme. This scheme means that European residents who register can keep the rights they have at the moment. We have tried to answer some of the questions we think you might have. We will try to keep these up to date, and have included direct links to the government website which will always have the most up to date information.

If you have any questions about the EU settlement scheme, please get in touch with us:

Apply to the EU Settlement scheme now


Full details about the EU settlement scheme can be found on the government website.

If you have any other questions about the EU settlement scheme, please get in touch with us:

Information correct at time of update: last updated 05-Apr-2019

Check the Government website for most up to date information.Brexit19