Careers in children's social work
Brent Children’s Services are good with outstanding features (OFSTED 2018). We are midway through our second Innovation Grant, embedding Signs of Safety across services. Group supervision is creating a buzz, with social workers developing creativity, sharing risk and learning from each other. We are the London Borough of Culture 2020 and home to extensive regeneration, energy and excitement for the future.
Grow your career in Brent now, there’s never been a better time.
Rewards and benefits
We have a great rewards packages for social workers up to senior team managers. We provide a welcome and retention payment when you join, which includes:
- Competitive starting salaries
- £1200 annual retention payment
- £5000 golden hello and relocation packages (for hard to recruit to roles)
You will also receive:
- Manageable caseloads across all teams.
- Social Work progression framework which enables you to progress to senior social worker when you’re ready, irrespective of vacancies. We want a service full of senior social workers.
- Signs of safety informed group and 121 supervision
- A small team model, supported by practice consultants who support reflective practice.
- A culture of flexible working supported with iPhones, ipads and Zipcars.
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A host of other rewards and benefits such as reduced cost gym membership, cycle to work scheme, London Design Outlet privilege card, Boxpark privilege card, Costco membership discount, great staff cafeteria and café, health plan, plus many more.
What Ofsted say
"Communication with children and young people is a particular strength. It is at the heart of child and family social work. Inspectors are impressed by the skills, sensitivity and creativity of social workers and other practitioners."
"The recent re-alignment of social work teams has resulted in social workers having more time to develop relationships with children and young people."
"The safety and well-being of staff is a strategic priority. They have created a culture that is enabling high-quality social work to develop and be sustained. Staff at all levels feel valued and supported."
“Senior leaders recognise and prioritise the needs of children and young people. They focus their attention on the things that matter and inspire staff to perform well.”
"There has been significant investment in ensuring that members of the workforce have the skills and qualities they need to do their jobs well. This investment in staff makes staff want to stay."