How to make a complaint

If you are not satisfied with the service you have received from us, you can make a formal complaint online.

You can make a complaint in My Account. It's quicker, you can monitor the progress of your complaints and view your previous cases.

You can also submit a complaint on behalf of someone else through My Account. The council will accept complaints from third parties who have the customer’s permission to act on their behalf in making a complaint. This can be any person or organisation such as a friend or relative, councillor or MP, solicitor or Citizens Advice.

If you have tried reporting the problem and it has not been resolved, you can make an official complaint.

Sign in to My Account and submit a complaint

You can submit a complaint without registering for, or logging into, My Account, however you will not be able to track the progress of your complaint online.

Continue without signing in

Make an anonymous complaint

You can make a complaint anonymously but we won't be able to let you know the outcome.

Make sure you provide as much information as possible when submitting a complaint in this way. If there isn’t enough information provided to enable us to make further enquiries, we may not be able to take any action.

Make an anonymous complaint


Not all issues can be dealt with by our formal complaints procedure. The following services have their own specific appeals process:

Details on how to appeal about the rejection of a planning application or a planning enforcement notice will be included in the decision notice sent to you.