Dog mess and dead animals
Things to read
- Cleaner Brent app - Find out how to report street care issues with your phone
- Car clubs
- Abandoned and unwanted vehicles
- Bus shelters, stops and taxi ranks
- Freedom pass
- Brent travel guide - map and local travel information (.pdf)
- School travel information
- Vehicle crossings and dropped kerbs
Dog mess is unhealthy, anti-social, unpleasant and can potentially transfer disease to humans via the Toxocara roundworm whose eggs live in dog mess.
If children come in contact with the eggs they can cause an upset stomach, sore throat, asthma and in rare cases, blindness. The eggs can stay alive in the soil for many years.
Reporting dog mess
If you see someone not cleaning up after their dog, please report it to us. All reports are dealt with in confidence.
You can also use the Love Clean Streets app to report dog mess.
Paying a dog mess penalty
It is an offence not to clean up after your dog has fouled. You can be fined up to £1,000 if you do not clear up after your dog.